Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Experiencing God

My sons have asked me "How do I have a relationship with God?" I come back with a question "How do you have a relationship with anyone?"  That leads me to experiencing God. 

As we discuss the ways we draw nearer to our friends and family some answers that the boys come with are: hanging out, talking on the phone, spending time together.  Now I translate that into God Speak.  We go to His home, church.  We read His word, the Bible. We pray, every day all day, hanging out.  What about that deeper part of the relationship.  The experience.

It's like falling in love isn't it.  This is when your ready to "melt" into Him and have Him in your heart.  This is when you open your eyes and look at everything He created and see the wonder that's right there.  It's not hidden, it's been there every day of your life. Since you were born. 

Experience God.  Watch the clouds float by, feel the wind touch your cheek.  He is there.

How do you experience God?

No comments:

Post a Comment